At almost 7 months old, Joel's new skill is pulling himself up to things. He usually just gets up on his knees, but a few times I've seen him manage to pull himself up to stand! He seems quite proud of his new skill and starts that fast snorty breathing that he does when he gets excited.
So now I have to take the babyproofing beyond the floor and up to a new level. For example: instead of decorating the fireplace hearth, my fake pumpkins are decorating the top of the fridge! I wonder what changes we'll have to make when the holidays roll around. I bet Joel will be walking by Christmas, because he seems very determined. He wants to be included with Levi!
Which reminds me of another little story. Levi was put to bed the other night. Joel was still up. Levi was chattering to himself & his animals as usual. Joel hears him and crawls down the hall. He kneeled up against the door, started smacking it and complaining. He was complaining either "Let me in there!" or "Come out Levi!" Levi got excited and said, "Is that my brother out there?" and other cute little things. For the most part, they enjoy each other's company and are becoming good friends, which warms my mommy heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment