Fairview Missionary Church in Angola has a Children's Resale twice a year. Once in the Spring and again in the Fall. Their website says:
"The resale is meant to help young families by providing an outlet for unneeded children’s items and by creating an opportunity to purchase quality items at a fraction of retail cost. A portion of the proceeds from the resale will be donated to the Compassion Pregnancy Center."
How fantastic is that!! I've been to it a few times before to shop, but this was my first year to sell items. I purged our attic of tons of the boys' baby clothes, keeping a few favorites that I just couldn't part with yet. I was hoping to sell enough to at least cover what I was going to buy this morning. And I did, with even a bit left over.
Last time, I arrived too late and the items were very picked over. Having learned my lesson, I went early this morning to shop. While I didn't need any clothes for the boys, I wanted to check out the shoes & costumes available. I was lucky to find costumes for both Levi and Joel. (You'll have to wait till my mom's bonfire party to see their costumes, of course!) And I bought a baby carrier that looks brand-new, since Joel has outgrown the other ones I used. I'll let you know if it's comfy after we get a chance to really try it out.
I looking forward to next Spring's resale, when I can get some new bargains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment