6.29.2010

A Public Service Announcement

If your computer died, would you still have access to your important files?

Our laptop's hard drive broke last week.

"Oh no!!! Why didn't I save all my babies' pictures to flickr or print them out!! Aghhhhh!!" I was beating myself up for having not done anything to safeguard all my precious pictures.

"Maybe my dad can help me," I thought. He took the computer for a few days, but didn't have any luck. So we decided to try a computer repair shop. No luck there either. They told us that perhaps a specialists could retrieve the data - but it would cost a very pretty penny.

Then my dad called to say that he found a program that might be able to recover the data. And after tinkering with it for a while, the fantastic program found all our priceless pictures!!! Yea!!! They are now backed up on DVDs and saved on our old desktop. I plan on uploading or printing out practically every picture I take from now on. I am sooooo relieved and happy. I even baked some snickerdoodles to celebrate. :)




Now I just need to get the laptop fixed, because our old desktop is so incredibly slow. Thankfully, it's still under warranty.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Yay for Steph. Thank you to God for giving your dad wisdom to find that program and get the program to work :)