Thanks to my Grandpa for sharing this photo!
That's me, by the way, about 6, tying a ribbon in my mom's hair, which happened a lot (only I never remember doing her hair outside). I loved wearing that matchy outfit, very Eighties. Purple still is my favorite color!
I remember all the fun we had growing up playing in our yard... That huge tree on the left had a rope swing at one point, then it started dying and got cut down to use as firewood for our wood-burning stove. My brothers would find tomato worms in the garden and show them proudly to our mom, while I just looked at the green things and cringed. We'd hardly ever wear shoes during the summer, barefoot was the way to go as long as you watched out for nuts that had fallen from the trees. In the fall, we'd fly kites in the farmer's field after the crops were harvested. I remember sitting outside with my dad one cold night and watching a meteor shower. There were lots of times we'd enjoy sitting around the fire pit at night (and we still do). And that poor picnic table got used for a lot of meals, projects, and playing (I was standing on it after all).
I'm glad that Levi gets the chance to explore and play in that same yard (and Squirt will too someday). I hope my folks never move, well at least not for another 20 years or so.

No comments:
Post a Comment