10.08.2010

Arts & Crafts

I borrowed two super books from the library - Scribble Art by MaryAnn F. Kohl and Little Hands Paper Plate Crafts by Laura Check.  They seem to be full of fun ideas that any kid (and their grown-up) would love.

Our first project was taken from the paper plate book. I gathered:
  • my childhood record player
  • a paper plate
  • a piece of tape (to stick the paper plate to the turntable)
  • washable markers
  • and Levi, of course!
And this is what happened...



So simple, yet genius!

He used his left hand.

He used his right hand.

He used force!

Levi loved it! And baby Joel loved watching it all happen from his perch in his high chair. The spinning colors were slightly mesmerizing.

Levi even colored a second plate a few hours later.


For our second project, we looked through the paper plate book. Levi chose the lion mask. What 3 year old boy wouldn't! It involved mostly cutting, which I did for him. Then when it was time to color it, he wasn't interested in it anymore. So I did that too. But once it was finished and he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror - he was hooked!


He didn't want to take it off for almost a half hour! He was slightly scaring the baby Joel with all his roaring and running around though.


Some days it's really quite fun having a little boy in the house!

1 comment:

Ben said...

Your boys are the bomb! I know....Right!